Tuesday 17 April 2012

Front Cover

When I started to create my music magazine I first began to work on my front cover. I used the pictures I had previously taken and edited and placed my cover image on the page. I placed the image on the mid and right third of the page. I have edited the image so that the picture is brighter and stands out more than the original version.
Secondly I began to review the types of font and font size I would like to use for the title of my front cover. I chose the colour red to make the title bold to make it stand out and to contrast my chosen picture. I then used my house theme colour grey for the month of publication and price of the magazine, this text is situated under the title. At this stage I also placed the barcode of my magazine in the bottom of the left-third of the front cover.
During the third stage of creating my front cover I placed a selling line at the top of the title. The colour of the font is written in black and uses bold fonts.
I then continued to place cover lines mainly on the left-third of the page and two selling lines on the right-third. Having a range of stories gives the impression that it is a well informed and reputable magazine. I have gone with my theme of a country music magazine and I believe this to come through on my front cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment